Orlando, Florida, one of the most fabulous vacation destinations globally, is bursting at the seams with things to do. The area is known for its theme parks, golf courses, shopping malls, golf courses, spas, restaurants, museums, and more. Here are just a few of the things you can do in Orlando, Florida.
- Orlando’s Amusement Parks
- Icon Park
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- The Orlando Science Center
- The Crayola Experience
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not
- Kings Dining and Entertainment
- Chocolate Kingdom
- Shopping in Orlando, Florida
- Spas in Orlando Florida
- Golf in Orlando, Florida
- Fine Dining in Orlando, Florida
- Restaurant Row
- Orlando, Florida’s Nightlife
- Beaches Near Orlando, Florida
- Have Questions? Ask The Mark Ramey Group!
Orlando’s Amusement Parks
Orlando has established itself as the “Theme Park Capital of the World,” and with good reason.
- Walt Disney World Resorts is the main attraction with four theme parks and two water parks. Disney’s theme parks include Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom Park, and Epcot. Bump into your favorite Disney characters, including Mickey Mouse, Minney Mouse, Goofy, Tinker Bell, Elsa, and so many more.
- Universal Studios Orlando also attracts more than its fair share of tourists and visitors with its two amusement parks: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. At Universal Studios Orlando, you can experience Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, E.T. Adventure, MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack, Shrek 4-D, and, of course, visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- SeaWorld makes a splash in Orlando with several entertainment venues, including SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove, where you can swim with the dolphins, Aquatica Waterpark, and Busch Gardens Tampa.
- LEGOland Florida is a 45-minute drive from Downtown Orlando, but well worth the trip. Play in the building zones, the flight zone, and enjoy re-imagined replicas of Kennedy Space Center and famous cities like New York and Las Vegas.
And that’s just to name a few. Others include, but are not limited to, Fun Spot America and Gatorland.
Icon Park is a popular entertainment complex in Florida with adventures like SEA LIFE Orlando Aquarium, Orlando Star Flyer, Arcade City, and Pearl Express Train, among others.
But the gem of the complex is The Wheel at Icon Park. The attraction is a 400 foot-tall observation wheel that offers some of Florida’s best views you’ll find.
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is the main city Theater that does everything from the traveling Broadway series to opera and all kinds of traveling shows.
The Orlando Science Center
Since 1960, the Orlando Science Center has been stimulating interest in science and technology, inspiring passion for learning with hands-on experiences.
The center, stacked four floors high, features exhibit halls, labs, an observatory, theater, and more.
Each year, the Orlando Science Center draws in locals and tourists to the tune of 670,000 visitors. The center also offers school and camp programs as well as science competitions.
WonderWorks is another immersive experience that ignites curiosity and fuels exploration. The 35,000 square foot building, which appears as though it landed upside-down, offers adventure and excitement with more than 100 hands-on exhibits.
Check out themed experiences like extreme weather, physical challenges, space discovery, light and sound, an art gallery, and an imagination lab.
There’s also an indoor ropes course, a 4D XD simulator ride, and a laser tag arena. And if that’s not enough, the venue also features “The Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show.”
The Crayola Experience
Add a splash of color to your journey by visiting The Crayola Experience in Orlando.
Explore 70,000 square feet housing 27 attractions inspiring hands-on learning opportunities drenched in vibrant fun.
Spend 3-4 hours learning how crayons are made, naming and wrapping your own crayon, and wander through themed exhibits like the
Activity Studio, Adventure Lab, and Color Magic. Then, grab a bite at the cafe, and pick up a souvenir at the gift shop.
Ripley’s Believe It Or Not
While Orlando is full of various history, art, and other museums, the Ripley’s Believe It Or Not museum stands out from the rest for its extraordinary exhibits.
Spend an hour or more on a self-guided tour, moving at your own pace through the “Odditorium,” a collection of more than a dozen peculiar galleries.
Kings Dining and Entertainment
King’s Dining and Entertainment offers family fun, date-night entertainment, corporate events, and remarkable food.
Enjoy a bowling game on one of 22 ten-pin bowling lanes, play billiards, shuffleboard, foosball, bocce ball, corn hole, and more.
Feast on a meal in the Kings Dining restaurant with chef-inspired delicacies. Delight in next-level appetizers, wings, burgers, and salads designed by an executive chef.
Chocolate lovers from near and far gather at the Chocolate Kingdom for a one-of-a-kind interactive chocolate experience.
Take a 45-minute tour through the chocolate museum featuring old-world machinery, along the chocolate river, to learn the transformation process from cocoa bean to rich, creamy chocolate.
In addition to tours, Chocolate Kingdom offers classes in chocolate making, wine and chocolate pairing, and more. The sweets served up in the family factory are crafted using a recipe that has created tantalizing treats for generations.
Shopping in Orlando, Florida
There are endless options for finding the ideal trinkets, treasures, gifts, fashion, accessories, and home goods in Orlando.
However, there are a few shopping hot spots that are worthy of attention, including:
- The Mall at Millenia
- The Florida Mall
- Disney Springs
- Universal City Walk
- Orlando International Premium Outlets
- Orlando Vineland Premium Outlets
Spas in Orlando Florida
One of the most excellent benefits of being in Orlando, Florida, is pampering yourself with luxury and comfort.
There is a multitude of choices for self-care and relaxation, including:
- The Ritz Carlton Spa, Orlando, Grande Lakes
- The Spa at Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Eforea Spa at Hilton Orlando
- The Woodhouse Day Spa – Orlando
- Allora Day Spa at Thornton Park
- The Spa at Shingle Creek
Golf in Orlando, Florida
Florida is renowned for its pristine golf courses and country clubs, and Orlando aims to please.
Some of the best-known courses in the area include:
- The Country Club of Orlando
- Ventura County Club Golf Course
- Rio Pinar Country Club
- Armold Palmer’s Bay Hill Club and Lodge
- North Shore Golf Club
- Ritz Carlton Golf Club
- Shingle Creek Golf Club
- Orange Tree Golf Club
- Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course
- Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course
Fine Dining in Orlando, Florida
Turn your meal into an enchanting experience at one of Orlando’s many fine-dining establishments, among which the most popular are:
- The Boheme
- Christner’s Prime Steak and Lobster
- The Capital Grille
- Jack’s Place
- Kres Chophouse
- the Oceanaire Seafood Room
- Chatham’s Place
- Ocean Prime
- Victoria & Alberts at Disney’s Grand Floridian Hotel
Restaurant Row is located on Sand Lake Road, which is close to International Drive and 15 minutes from the Orange County Convention Center, this stretch serves up some of Orlando’s finest fare at more than two dozen restaurants, including upscale and casual options.
Orlando, Florida’s Nightlife
There’s plenty of family fun available in Orlando, but there’s also an exhilarating nightlife for adults. From the dance-floor to the rooftop, Orlando is bustling with a thrilling nightlife scene.
Favorite hangouts include:
- Aero Rooftop Bar and Lounge
- Cowboys Orlando
- Eve Orlando
- Howl at the Moon Orlando
- Icebar Orlando
- One80 Skytop Lounge
Beaches Near Orlando, Florida
Florida offers some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
And there are plenty of soft, sandy beaches within an hour or two of Orlando, among which are:
- Cocoa Beach – one hour away
- Canaveral National Seashore – one hour away
- New Smyrna Beach – one hour away
- Daytona Beach – 90 minutes away
- Clearwater Beach – 2 hours away.
Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumping experience, an adventure of curiosity, a relaxing day of pampering, a family-fun activity or an adult scene, Orlando, Florida, is ready to keep you satisfied with the best casual and fine dining, shopping destinations, recreation, entertainment, nightlife, and more.
Have Questions? Ask The Mark Ramey Group!
The Mark Ramey Group is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give them a call today at (407) 270-0011. to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.